Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 1 January 2015

Seize The Day - Candle

Happy New Year! 

I personally don't make New Year's Resolutions but I have decided there are a few things I would like "to do" in 2015 with card making. 

One of the things I want to do is challenge myself to try new things - new ideas, new techniques and whatever else I can come up with. 

I have wanted to try making a "customized" candle for awhile now. Although today wasn't a day I thought I would be doing any crafting, I had some time free up so decided to give it a whirl. 

The number one thing I learned is that using a white candle is better - this one is a very pale yellow. I would also try to find one that isn't as tall, but these two things give me a reason to do another one! 

It is for a friend who built a new house and the "sentiment" on it is her favourite saying. I hope she likes it. 



Recipe
Candle - Dollarama
Ribbon - from my stash
Coloured with Spectrum Noir Markers
White Tissue paper
Sentiment - Skinny Font - Your Next Stamp
Horseshoe stamp - unknown

I am entering this Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - Challenge #9

Happy 2015! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment