Header Mine

Header Mine

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Rough Day?

I'm not a golfer. I will be honest, I went to the driving range once and only once with my husband.......and let's just say I'm not a golfer.

One of the golf terms I hear often when some of my family has been out golfing is that their ball went "into the rough" meaning it is in the trees or tall grass or both. Either way..........the ball did not end up on the green. 

Personally, I think I would be in the rough the whole time....kinda like Golfer Glen from High Hopes Stamps is on this card. 

Yes, my dry sense of humour is apparent on this one tee hee...

I kept the layout simple so the focus is on Golfer Glen and his rather bad day of golfing and my "play on words".




I embossed the trees on cardstock and then cut out where the sky would be and put some cloud paper behind it so you can see it through the trees. 
Glen's sexy striped pants are paper pieced and he is fussy cut and popped up with pop dots. 
The grass was glued on in the background and then a couple pieces on the front to make it look like he is surrounded.

Card Recipe

Stamp: Golfer Glen - High Hopes Stamps
Grass: Dollar Store
Trees: Birch tree embossing folder - Darice
Patterned Paper: Boy - Fine and Dandy
Sentiment: Computer generated - Arial Rounded MT Bold font
Pop Dots: Forever in Time

Spectrum Noir Markers: 
GT1 GT2 JG3 CT3 1G1 1G2 1G5 GB1 GB3 GB7 EB3 3B5 EB8 DG1 DG2

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts and comments are appreciated. 








                                                  

2 comments :

  1. this and the card before it using the golfer image are just so much fun! since my hubby used to be a golf pro, I have a great appreciation for what this poor guy is feeling! tee hee! cute cards! :)

    ReplyDelete