Header Mine

Header Mine

Friday 30 September 2016

SpongeBob Birthday - Masculine

As a crafter, I love being able to personalize cards for specific people in my life.

However, I have been challenged with my latest Birthday card need. One of my nephews has a Birthday coming up. He is a young adult, very academic, and loves music....but I have done these themes in the past - so what is a gal to do?!?

Well, a little birdie told me he LOVES Spongebob! Bingo! Oh wait! How do I even begin to do a Spongebob card - past downloading a colour page or . or... thinking cap on........

So the challenge: Young adult male, loves Spongebob, masculine -gulp! 

                                 Meet my version of Spongebob........


I started by cutting a piece of yellow sponge - yes, literally a sponge. I have officially lost my mind! I cut and scored some white and brown cardstock for his shirt and pants. I drew a tie on some red cardstock and used a Memento Tuxedo black marker to add an edge to it. I added black squares for his belt and some white cardstock for his shirt. His mouth is cut out of black cardstock and I added a tongue with red cardstock.

I used a piece from a slider die to cut his eyes and added black gumdrops and some eyelashes. A blue marker added some colour to his eyes. Balloons and a Happy Birthday sentiment finish off my card. 

Card Recipe
Sponge: Dollar store 
Stamps: Celebration Balloons, Bold Happy Birthday - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: You Rock - Close To My Heart 
Ink: Not Quite Navy - Stampin' Up
Slider Die - Your Next Stamp (eyes)
Black Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

I have stepped totally! out of my comfort zone with this one! I hope he likes my version of Spongebob. 

Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments :

Post a Comment