Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 22 October 2015

Eat, Drink and Be Scary!

It's hard to believe Halloween is just around the corner! We don't get trick or treaters at my house, but when I saw this cute Halloween Mini Set in the new release, I just had to play with it. 

It was a bit of challenge to get a good photo of because the tube of candy kept falling down but I think I did okay. 

                                                       Standing



Laying Down


Inside 


I started by colouring my stamps with alcohol markers and fussy cutting them. I cut my patterned paper and die cut holes using a Spellbinders die. I added my eyelets to hold the ribbon and finished it off with some enamel dots. 

I popped my stamps up with pop up dots (they are actually mounted on the inside of the card)  and did a smaller cut on the circles left after I cut the circles for the front of the card,  to "back" the stamps.  

I added my candy tube filled with orange and black smarties. The inside will be finished with a hand written message. The sentiment was inspired by my fellow diva Jane by using one side of the sentiment stamp that comes with this set. The card idea was inspired by a card in an old Card Maker magazine. 

Card Recipe 
Patterned Paper: Spookville - We R Memory Keepers
Eyelets: from my stash
Candy tube: unknown
Enamel Dots: Black Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Noir Markers used: OR1 OR2 CR8 LG1 LG3 LG5 DG3 TB2 Blender BG54 BG5 BG7 BG10

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated. 

2 comments :

  1. What a cool idea! You can bring the rest of the smarties Tuesday LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Love this idea...did you eat all the other coloured smarties while you made this?? LOL Lovely images and colouring too Donna.
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin

    ReplyDelete