Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 21 January 2016

Valentine's - Shaker and Treat Box

It's almost Fri-YAY!!

Last week I shared a card I made after challenging myself to use a stamp in a way that might not be the first thing that comes to mind - ie. rabbit = Easter.

This week I challenged myself to do a card that wasn't in the "normal" colours for a specific day/event. For Valentine's Day I automatically think red. 

I chose to go with a pink, blue and green theme for my card featuring Bear Buddies from High Hopes Rubber Stamps and mini treat box.




Card Close Up


Mini Gift Box with Treats 


Mini Gift Box
I found the pattern on a site called Aunt Annie's Crafts (here)


I coloured my image and fussy cut it and then added it to my card base. I paper pieced their boots and the bow tie is paper pieced from  Joy Ride, another High Hopes stamp.  The base was formed by tracing and cutting out a heart shape, adding some foam tape, sequins and clear beads inside. I added a bow to finish it off. 
I also wanted to make a treat box to go along with my card so I googled it and found this very cute Little Gift Box . The Sweetheart candies are a wedding favour from my brother's wedding this past summer. 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Bear Buddies (S254)Joy Ride  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: A New Addition, Bundle Of Joy Dots & Stripes - Echo Park 
Sentiment: Happy Day Sentiments - YNS 
Copic XpressIt, Stix 2 Clear Foam, Windows #2 Template (heart), Sequins and Beads - Dollar store, Forever In Time Pop Dots, self stick gems - Darice, 
Dies: Classic Square Die - Spellbinders, Heart and Blossom mini font - Quickutz

Spectrum Markers: DG1 DG2 DG4 TN2 TN4 TN8 TN3 TN5 TN7 PP1 PP2 PP5


Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting! 





1 comment :

  1. Another "Challenge" that turned out perfectly! I love the shaker card and those paper pieced boots are too cute!

    ReplyDelete