Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 2 March 2017

It's A Jungle!

March is here and as I am typing this post we are experiencing unseasonable double digit temperatures - the snow is almost gone and it feels like Spring! 

These warm temperatures made me feel like colouring an image that feels like nice warm weather! 

Meet "Walk About Wally" who is out on a hike in the jungle. I wonder if he knows he has a monkey friend watching him!?






This card was a marathon to be honest! It was a good idea in my brain but it was hours of colouring and fussy cutting - I can say however, I am very happy with the end result! 

I started by stamping, colouring (with alcohol markers) and fussy cutting all of my images. The jungle background was stamped and coloured 4 times to have enough pieces to put my scene together. I cut my patterned cloud paper and mounted them on cardstock and stamped my sentiment. All the pieces were put together on my sidestep card base and voila! 



Card Recipe 
Stamps: Walk About Wally (Q039) Jungle Background (T050), Lg. Monkey Mike (R083) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Jungle Out There (G203)
Patterned Paper:  In The Country - Whimsy Stamps
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoCopic XpressIt cardstock, Quickie Glue Pen,  Glossy Accents - Ranger, Memento Tuxedo Black marker, silver gel pen, Step and 4 Corners die - Local King 

Spectrum Markers: FS5 FS2 TN2 1G1 1G3 1G5 TN1 EB1 EB2 EB6 EB3 EB5 OR1 OR2 CR8 CG4 DG3 JG6 CG3 JG1 CG4 BGR2 BGR4 BGR5

A new month = a new challenge! Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link:March Challenge


Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a fantastic day!


3 comments :

  1. Seriously?!!!!! This is absolutely amazing!! Your colouring is fantastic and this side step card scene is incredible!! You should be super proud of this masterpiece!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A card like this would take me all day to make! Do you suppose anyone would pay, say $80 for one? lol

    ReplyDelete